Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Revenge of Shinobi Playthough [Sega Classic Night]



First and foremost, Happy New Year everyone! (19 days later.) Figured I'd hit you guys off with another Classic Game playthough with one of my favorite Genesis/Mega Drive games of all time: The Revenge of Shinobi or The Super Shinobi for my Japanese fans.

I was holding off on this one for a while because I wasn't sure if I was going to stream it or not but I did last night and was glad I did. For those that don't know, the Revenge of Shinobi is a Mega Drive sequel of the original game back in Early December of 1989. The music was composed by Yuzo Koshiro which he gain more notoriety from the Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle games. You can hear where alot of the sounds and music started from in this game.

How I first got into The revenge of Shinobi was from one of my older brother friends used to own a Sega Genesis and he had about 2-3 games at the time. Games like Rambo III, Altered Beast, Super Thunder Blade, Thunder Force II and this was back in 1989 to early 1990 here. I remember playing Revenge of shinobi on the Genesis and as a very young kid at the time, I didn't know what to expect from the title.

It wasn't until a few years later (1994) when me and my Brother had purchased a Sega CD Model 1 which came with Sega Classics Arcade Collection which consists of Streets of Rage, Golden Axe with only 1-Player, *sadface* Columns, and The Revenge of Shinobi.

For some reason, I always liked playing this game at night and my TV would be loud for some reason. I also did like the fact that the Voice samples were different from the original games. Some versions of this game were altered to not resemble such characters as Spider-Man, Batman, Rambo, The Terminator, and Godzilla.

But anyway, I think I've typed enough info any this game, just watch, comment, share, and enjoy!

Make sure you follow me on twitch as well.



0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More